Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Amazing Teenagers

As part of our closure activities today, we discussed a few unbelievable teenagers around the world who are attempting some incredible feats. Here are links to their personal websites/blogsites. Enjoy!

Jordan Romero - 13-year old climbing Mt. Everest

http://www.jordanromero.com/


Jessica Watson - 16-year old sailing around the world by herself

http://www.jessicawatson.com.au/about-jessica



Abby Sunderland - 16-year old sailing round the world by herself

http://www.abbysunderland.com/

3 comments:

B. Blades. (fav student) said...

I'm pretty amazing, too.
I wrote a persuasive essay on Guatanamo Bay to President Obama, and I got a letter back!
Prettttty cool, you know it.
:) Missss you.
So does Dakoda (she said to say that)
:D.

matthewlawhead said...

A letter back !!!!! Neat. I wouldn't mind seeing that if you ever bring it in. Hope you are enjoying 8th grade.

Jonathan said...

Pft. I'm pretty awesome too. Even if I live in a completely different state, I think. I wrote to J.K. Rowling, Louis Sachar, and Andrew Clements, and got a message back from each, even a picture from J.K. Rowling! I'm hoping to soon someday become the youngest winner of the Nobel Peace Prize for World Peace. That's my goal before I die, is to unite this world in a state of equality. But that's just me. And Guantanamo Bay, interesting place, seeing that is where all of our imprisoned terrorists go. But hey, that's still prettttty cool like you said. And you Mr. Lawhead are one cool teacher. I'm Jon, 13, from Massachusetts, home of the Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Patriots, Revolution, and more. Where is your school? No specifically, but what state? That's all for now, bye.

~JON
lifeofakidnamedjon.blogspot.com